INVESTING IN COMMUNITIES
OUR MISSION. MSL is a mission-driven real estate company. Our mission is to build and preserve communities for all, bringing equal access to opportunities. Our projects are guided by a deep commitment to enhance people’s lives, through social, economic, and financial responsibility. Our values dictate our long-term strategy as a firm, and how we serve our communities and work with our partners on a daily basis.
OUR OBJECTIVES. The decreasing supply of low-cost rental housing, high housing burden, and declining values in subsidized tax credits continue to widen the substantial gap between the demand and supply of affordable homes. MSL is committed to addressing the regional housing needs by expanding the range of housing options available to individuals and families, and supplementing traditional large-scale affordable and workforce housing products, for the increasingly diverse communities.
OUR PROJECTS. We aim to convene partnerships to address the regional housing challenges by preserving and building housing and communities. We are committed to providing high-impact, low-cost, and efficient solutions to the communities.
We are committed to our community through the work we do and our core values:
- Housing & Affordability
- Public & Private Partnership
- Community Engagement
- Equal Access to Opportunities
- Impact-Driven Projects
- Long-Term Development & Sustainability
MSL is a professional firm based in California. We are certified as WBE, MBE, and SBE. As part of our dedications to giving back to our community, we regularly partner with regional food banks and non-profits, and donate a percentage of our annual profit to our partners.
DESIGN & INNOVATION
- Leading Through Economics: We focus on projects that provide comfortable risk-adjusted rates of returns. Our complex economic and financial feasibility analyses that help shorten a project’s time-to-market rate conform to the highest industry standard.
- Driving Community Impacts: We focus on mission fit and economic assessments to determine community and fiscal impacts prior to project acquisition.
- Investing in Affordability: We actively address regional housing affordability gaps by delivering affordable homeownership and rental opportunities.
- Planning Sustainable Structures: We strive to maintain sustainability within local contexts by focusing on a site’s neighborhood and historical characteristics. We also utilize local labor and modular housing products in compliance with the latest LEED standards.
- Designing for Tomorrow: We are experienced architects proficient in master planning through construction administration, allowing our team to approach projects holistically and ultimately deliver greater value.
- Guiding the Entire Project: We manage projects throughout all phases of project development, including initial economic feasibility, planning, through design and construction management.
<!– Empty Content Container ->
WHAT WE DO
Empty Content Container